New News at Wind Whispers Farm
Hey there! This is Suzi.
I'm thrilled to announce that my Collie Creations are back and better than ever! After a brief hiatus, I've jumped back into the world of graphic design, and let me tell you, it feels amazing. With nearly two decades of experience under my belt, I can confidently say that creating these Creations is another way of sharing our Collie passion with you!
Each of my beautiful Collie Creations is available for just $5. That's right, for a mere five bucks, you can get your hands on the unwatermarked digital file of your favorite design. This means you can print it out and frame it to your heart's content. Trust me, having these creations adorning your walls will bring a touch of elegance and charm to any space. What great gifts too!
So, what are you waiting for? Come on over and check out my collection of Collie Creations. I guarantee you'll find something that speaks to your unique style and personality. Don't miss out on the opportunity to own these stunning graphics at such an affordable price.
Here is a sample of a few! Come to our Digital Creation page to see all!
Much love and Well wishes to you!
Thank you for following Wind Whispers Farm!
Making Genetics better
Many breeds of dogs have a high frequency of the RD mutant alleles. Unless the RD mutant alleles are eliminated from breeding populations, end stage kidney failure in canines will continue to plague the future generations of dogs.
Countless adult dogs will have their lives needlessly shortened.
For breeds with a high frequency of a mutant RD mutations:
1. My dog is a clear. Examine this dogs good and bad traits. Can he/she be bred to a carrier in your kennel that can complement their traits? Yes. At this time, many breeds with RD have an very high frequency of the mutation, and in order to protect the gene pool, this type of breeding is necessary.
You keep the clear puppy from this cross that has the traits from both parents that you were hoping to get.
2. My dog is a carrier. Ideally, this animal should be bred to a clear with traits that would complement this animal. - Clear progeny from this cross can be kept for future breeding. There is a 50% chance in this case of producing a clear in the first generation. If no other options exist, this animal can be bred to another carrier. In this case, your chances of producing a clear for your next generation are 25%. Likewise, there is a 25% chance that a animal that is homozygous for the mutant allele will be produced from this breeding.
3. My dog is homozygous for mutant alleles, but otherwise is sound in body and temperament, and brings positive traits to the breed. This is a two-step breeding to get a clear. This dog should be bred to a clear, if possible. All of the puppies in the first generation will be carriers. No need to DNA test at this point. A carrier puppy from the first generation of breeding can now be used in the second generation to produce clears as in example 2.
DOWN THE ROAD, your ultimate goal is to breed clear to clear so that you have eliminated RD from your kennel without having to compromise the gene pool.
The above information is how we handle all anomalies that come up in a breeding program. We breed those who are affected or carrier to a collie who is clear. This gives us clear to move forward with and makes our lines stronger with each item we clear.
Thanks for following,
Suzi & Marc
All information for this was obtained from www.dogenes.com
"In loving memory of Key & Darby"
Even though this throws another consideration into the playbook here, we feel confident at the end of the day that we are raising the bar and preventing one more disorder from affecting the generations of Collie puppies to come.
This is so exciting to us! It just heightens our passion and drive to make the breed stronger.
We also got back our first 7 DMS testing results and these were all "low risk" and 2 carried the little "c's" which is very exciting.
Thank you for following us,
Suzi, Marc & Family