Today was one of the hardest lessons ever in our lives.
We took our 4 big Collie's to the Indoor Horse Arena for a romp Friday night. As we entered the arena and the dogs started investigating, we saw two of our females eating something. It appeared they had eaten a bite of horse poop. We picked the little bit on ground up and put in bin.
The next day our Music began getting ill. She got worse by nightfall and we took her into the vet. They gave her a shot and some meds, and sent her home. When she was worse Sunday morning, we returned to the vet and she was admitted and placed on Iv's. By this morning she was much worse and it was determined that the poop she bit into must have had Ivermectin in it. The vet said it can stay in their poop for up to 2 weeks!
Please let our loss be a warning so none of you has to hold your babies and say goodbye like we did this morning with Music.
Our Hearts are breaking tonight.
#Music #gone #hearts #breaking
Leave a Reply.